Participate in transformative change by helping our neighbors grow, heal and thrive
In addition to our day-to-day work helping survivors seek safety and support, Voices Against Violence’s mission includes longer-term efforts connected to prevention, transformative justice, racial equity and community change. Our mission is to empower people to heal and thrive.
We are one of two Vermont domestic and sexual violence programs to be part of Healing Together, a project which enhances access to connection, healing and resilience for people and families who have experienced domestic violence. Along with local and statewide partners, Voices Against Violence connects families with resources including:
- Trauma-informed advocacy for children, youth, parents and caregivers
- Lullaby Project where parents and caregivers write lullabies for their children
- Local Expressive and Healing Arts practitioners and programs
What does healing look like for families experiencing violence?
- Access to spaces that are welcoming, calming and reflective of various identities
- True justice through restorative work
- Access to basic needs as well as public and private support systems
These are just some of the many strategies we use to nurture healing. At the end of the day, we know that when we meet survivors where they are, healing begins.
Kris Lukens, Director
Prefer to send a check?
Voices Against Violence / CVOEO
PO Box 1603
Burlington, VT 05402